5 Tips For Winning At Video Poker
Video Poker combines both Luck and skill. The luck part is the cards that are randomly dealt to the player. The skill part encompasses much more then simply knowing what to hold and what to fold. In this article we'll discuss some of the things every video poker player should be doing, regardless of their game play strategy.
1. Only Play At Full Pay Machines One of the smartest things any potential video poker player can do is to check the payout schedule before he or she starts playing. The payout schedule tells you how much you'll be paid for each winning hand. In a Jacks or Better Video Poker game 9/6 is considered full pay. That simply means that 9 coins are paid out for a Full House and 6 coins are paid out for a Flush. Many casinos pay out less then 9/6, meaning that in the long run, you'll simply win less money.
2. Always Play Max Coins A Mistake many novice players make is to play fewer coins, thinking this will keep them in the game longer. The problem with that theory is many machines will give you proportionately more coins for hitting a Royal Flush with max coins then they will for hitting with less then the max. If you're worried about going through your bankroll too quickly, play at a low coin size. Or, if you're really not sure how to play, us a play for free version of the game until you've gotten your feet wet.
3. Plan How Much You're Willing To Lose --And Stick To It. There is a lot of luck involved in winning Video Poker. Unfortunately, too many players keep pumping coins into the machine, thinking their luck is bound to change. Successful players know that some days you have it and some you don't. Before you start playing, have a set amount that you're willing to lose, once that money is gone quit playing.
4. Take Your Time Video poker is a game of man against machine. Always remember that there is no time limit. Make sure that you carefully review your cards, with each hand. Take as much time as you need, no one is waiting for you so don't feel pressured to make your move. Don't hit that draw button until you're ready.
5. Take advantage of the "Play for Free" Games Novice players need experience; obviously the best way to gain experience is to play. Fortunately, many online casinos offer "Play for free" versions of some maybe even all of their video poker versions. Take advantage of these and develop your strategy before you plunk down your money.
Twenty Something Articles
Twenty Something Books